Montag, 14. Januar 2013

Conscious Touch I.



I'm remembering a treatment I received a couple years ago. On my hands I had this ugly, itchy, drivingmenuts-loosingmymind eczema. I (thought I) tried everything to get rid of this nasty skin rash, nothing happened. Some days it was bad, some days even worse. Since I was doing massages all day long I blamed the oil and told my story to everyone, hoping that someone comes up with a solution....
Then I met this woman who told me, she knows how to fix my hands. She said this in a conclusive way and I trusted her, so she came over to my place to heal these messy hands. She started to mobilize my metacarpus, finger joints etc. when her phone was ringing. I was surprised. Well, this can happen, no big thing. She dug out her mobile, and I thought she would answer to say she'd call back later. Wrong. She squeezed the phone between ear and shoulder and started working on my hand again while discussing tonights dinner.

I could not believe it. I felt bad. My hand, hurt, sensitive and begging for attention gets one unconscious something. I endured. Way to polite, which caused an itch attack when she was finally done and gone. I rinsed my hands with cool water, washed away this disrespect. And never met her again.

My skin healed by itself after I made some decisions and found some answers, so my nerves could relax. Thanks to the universe!!

Meditation helps, dear nerodermatitics, never give up!



Todays topic is conscious touching. What does this mean to me?

It requires presence, attention and interest. 100%. Not less. When I touch someone I have to be able to let go of what ever happened before that treatment and whatever comes after the treatment. Me/ I is taking a good rest, is relaxing and just not important at that point. Now at this very moment the person receiving counts and nothing else matters.

The touching hand shall be relaxed, so it can attach in a perfect fit to the receiving tissue. The softer hand and skin get, the better the hand can listen for information and will know what to do.
Now. Today.
The hand will know,  if today a soft, calming touch is indicated or maybe a dynamic, vitalizing treatment is needed. The conscious, alert hand will also find differences between separate body parts.


We are organisms, holistic systems, of course - however, the head is pretty far away from the feet and if someone spent a whole day in front of a computer a super gentle, present touch on the head might be enough and firm strokes or other grounding, balancing techniques on the legs will do a great job for this person.
Every day is different, you know that. On every single day we sense different, this is why there is no patent remedy in this context. This is why we listen to the people who come to us. This is why we extend our hearts to our finger tips. This is why our hands are observing.
This is why we meditate.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen